Pages

Thursday 9 January 2014

2014 | Resolutions

I'm well aware that we're now 10 days into the New Year, but since it's still January, I'm still going to do a New Year's Resolutions post!

This is partially for me, so I can write down and make clear what I want to do this year.

This is also a post I can write without taking my own pictures, as I'm interstate without my good camera. I left it at home so my Mum can take photos of our cats. Yep, swear to God, that was my only reason.

2013 was an absolute gem of a year, and I'm very much hoping 2014 is just as good.

So, my New Year's resolutions are:

1. Read more books 

See this post for more information. I'm doing awesome so far, as I've already finished three (wooooo!), but the hard part will be keeping it up when school returns.





2. White teeth. 

Following my 20-month braces treatment, I've got a deep appreciation for dental hygiene. My teeth aren't yellow as such, and they're healthy, but I'd like them to be much whiter than they are. Now that I've got straight teeth (thanks Mum!), I feel like it's the next step to a dazzling smile.

To do this, I'm going to floss every day, brush with a whitening toothpaste twice a day and rinse with an alcohol-free whitening mouthwash. I've also got some whitening chewing gum, but I'm going to try and not rely on that as much as I don't like the artificial sweetener in it.




3. No soft drink.

Also known as fizzy drink, soda, pop, etc. To be honest, I've already caved in this one when two of my friends and I ordered a pizza deal with three pizzas, two soft drinks and two garlic breads for $33 (such a good deal, yum). There was only three of us eating the food (livin' la vida loca), so I couldn't turn down the Sprite now could I? Nonetheless, I'm going to try and turn it down whenever I have the option (side note - such a first world problem to have: unable to turn down a soft drink). This is also to help with resolution 2!




I think (?) those are my resolutions. I'm sure I had about two more, but I cannot for the life of me remember them. Of course there's the usual 'try to be healthier, try to get fit, be a better person', but I like those to be all-time resolutions I constantly strive for no matter the year, so I don't really count them.

That's it from me! Thanks for reading :)

xx

Indy


2 comments:

  1. Hi!! I nominated you for a Liebster Award! If you're not sure what it's all about, I talk about it here:
    http://cookie--crumbles.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/liebster-award.html

    Olivia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My New Years resolution is to read more books, it's going well so far!
    Hope yours is too :)

    Alice x
    alzgalz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete