Pages

Tuesday 14 January 2014

January Obsessions | Frozen & Jennifer Lawrence


This month, a couple of new things have popped up around me and stuck to me. As I'm away from home, I've had not much to do in terms of entertaining myself so these two particular things have been consuming my attention quite a lot.



The first being the new Disney film Frozen. If you haven't heard of this movie by now, I'd be a little shocked. At first, I didn't think it would be that great. I've never been a huge Disney girl, and so I wasn't that enthused when it came out. It looked okay, kinda funny, but I had no huge desire to go and see it in the cinema.



After seeing quite a lot of talk about it on Tumblr, I was presented with the chance to go see it with my friend Nyssa. We loved it. It was funny and brilliant and different, with amazing music and characters and as soon as I got home I downloaded the Deluxe Soundtrack. If you haven't seen it yet, I highly highly recommend it. I've seen it twice in theatres now, and literally know all the words to all the songs. The storyline's so empowering, and I can't think of an age bracket that wouldn't enjoy it.

Such a wonderful film.

Catching Fire Premiere - 2013


The second item in this list is the remarkable combination of talent, personality and beauty that presents itself in Jennifer Lawrence. I absolutely have a huge crush on her. I've always admired her acting, and the few interviews I've seen in the past have made me laugh and enjoy her refreshing and slightly mad response to questions.

Winter's Bone - 2010

I'm not quite sure why, but this month I've just been finding myself looking up to her more and more. The amount of interviews I've watched on YouTube is building up to an embarrassing amount, and thanks to the internet, I'm watching my way through her entire filmography.

X-Men First Class - 2011

I wouldn't say she's flawless, but that's what I love. She openly discusses her experiences, life and opinions with an honesty I have never seen in any other actor or actress. She is unashamedly herself and does so with a sense of humour that draws you in and makes you just want to spend the day chatting with her. Not to mention that she's incredibly beautiful, but somehow not the stock-standard beauty of Hollywood premieres.

85th Academy Awards - 2013

She's just wonderful, and a true gem to have in this world. I deeply hope that one day I might get the chance to meet her, but if not I'll just continue to appreciate her existence.

It's only the 15th, so potentially more obsessions will make themselves present in the next two weeks, but for the moment these are definitely what's been grabbing my interest lately!

What have you been loving this month? Let me know in the comments!

xx

Indy

4 comments:

  1. I would love to see Frozen! I'm exactly the same, not much of a Disney fan but after seeing how much people have been talking about it on Tumblr, I couldn't help but be intrigued! I love Jennifer too, shes hilarious! Definitely unlike most actors/actresses nowadays, very down to earth :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm crushing on Jennifer Lawrence as well haha :D Not seen frozen yet but hopefully will soon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frozen is SUCH a good movie! And Jennifer Lawrence is literally perfect (but I never knew she was in X-Men?!)

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Frozen

    Please visit: trendybutterfly.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete